Friday, March 18, 2016

How To Create A Raised Garden Bed with $15

I wanted a cedar raised garden bed in a problem area of my backyard but all the ones I could buy were upwards of $100! Since that wasn't in my budget I scoured the Internet for other options.  With a genius idea from Ana white I was able to build my own for under $15! It was a thirty minute project, no crazy construction skills required, just a drill and a circular saw.  

To make the bed I bought a total of 6 cedar fence slats for under $3 each.  I started by cutting two of them in half to create the end boards.  I used 1.5" wood screws to attach the boards to scrap 2x4's I had on hand to brace the corners.  It seriously took me about 35 minutes to make one.  I was so excited such an instant gratification.

When I had it all built I removed the weeds underneath and turned the dirt over as deep as I could.  Then I filled it with 6 40lb bags of 99 cent topsoil and 2 large bags of miracle grow garden soil.  

I am really excited about what I planted, my intent is also a salsa garden so I put in two tomatoes, jalapeƱo, bell pepper, 4 cilantro plants and then I also added a banana pepper, zucchini, lavender.  



You can read similar articles online at www.echomeinspection.com/our-blog.html

No comments:

Post a Comment