Monday, November 2, 2015

How Have Apple And Starbucks Stayed On Top Of Their Game?

All business owners have hit a rut or slow times before.  Most of the business owners I've talked to usually state that "when business is slow, we spend more time marketing".  And while this is very true, it's not very specific.  If you've ever spent any amount of time in the Real Estate business, you know it is full of ups and downs.  One thing I've learned is that the companies that survive through the rough times, typically have very high "high points", when the market picks back up.  But also, from my experiences it's nearly impossible to predict when the slow times will come.  Most people believe that winter is the slow time of the year,,but I've done as many Home Inspections in December or January as I've done in May or June,

Asa business,an, I've always had an interest in the big companies.  Companies like Starbucks, Apple, Google, and recently Facebook.  Specifically more towards Starbucks and Apple.  Because, I can see where and how they make their money.n But the question that comes to my mind when I think of these companies, How do they continue to dominate their market?  After all, this is America.  I've seen Facebook completely run out MySpace, RadioShack went bankrupt, and god knows how many car companies fell under over the last several years.  But yet no one has conquered these giants.

If you really think about it, there are hundreds of big coffee makers out their, all the keirugs, k cups, carafes and ways we can make coffee by ourselves.  But yet, you can go to Starbucks almost any time of the day and find customers inside.

And as for Apple, they are in a very similar situation.  It's almost impossible to meet someone who doesn't have some sort of Apple product.  For example, I have Motorola phone, but this article was written on a, yep, you guessed it on an IPad.  You ever see flocks of people lined up to get the new Galaxy phone, or android tablet? No, if you do it's a fraction of what you've seen for the newest IPhone or the new Apple Watch.

I guess if I knew what kept these companies at the top of their marketplace, so would someone else.  Feel free to leave your thoughts below!


You can find similar articles at  www.echomeinspection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment