Tuesday, November 24, 2015

How To Refinish Wood Chairs

Hello, I am excited tomb ensnaring this project with you.  I will teach you how to refinish wood chairs the easy way, without sanding or stripping.



Materials Medded:
- Ultra Touch-up Marker
- Wax Wash Remover
- Wiping Wood Stain
- Brush Tip Graining Marker
- Satin Polyurethane
- Water And Vinegar Cleaning Solution
- Paper Towels
- Latex Gloves



1). Start by cleaning the chairs very well with a water and vinegar cleaning solution that I made myself.  Then I cleaned them again using mohawk's wax wash remover to ensure that any wax finish that may have been on the chairs was totally removed.  Simply spray it on and wipe off. The spray does have some fumes, so work outside if possible.



2) Touch up the worn edges with the touch-up marker.  This is the easiest part.



3) Next, it's time to stain.  You can paint it on with a foam brush and wipe it off almost immediately with paper towels.



4) If there are drip marks, use the brush tip Graining marker to camouflage them.



5) Finally, I applied a coat of oil based stain polyurethane to each chair.



With about 3 hours of work, antique and worn chairs can be given new life.



I hope this article has helped you and wish you the best of luck with your refinishing projects!



You can read similar articles online at www.echomeinspection.com

No comments:

Post a Comment